Video by Adam Purcell of Hungry Dog Media
Getting Started RSS feed for this section
This document sets out to make it easier for store builders to set up WP e-Commerce while adhering to industry rules and online shopping best practices. We’ve made this comprehensive list of store questions based on our own experiences and those of satisfied WP e-Commerce users.
To run WP e-Commerce within your WordPress site your host just needs a couple of things:
- Have cURL, GD and ImageMagick enabled on server
- WordPress 3.0 or higher
- PHP memory of 256m, 32m usually does the trick but for large stores more php memory may be necessary
If you’re not sure if your host supports the above jump over to the WordPress > Requirements page that has a handy ‘Ask for it’ e-mail template to send to your hosting provider.
Installing WP e-Commerce
The automated Plugin Installer available within the WordPress Dashboard is the easiest way to install WP e-Commerce. Access this from Plugins » Add, if this option is unavailable to you the following will guide you through manually uploading and activating WP e-Commerce.
- Common Problems (3)
- Troubleshooting (1)
- Configuring Your Store (36)
- Developer Documentation (311)
- Extending Your Store (18)
- Getting Started (4)
- Managing Your Store (9)
- Upgrades (2)
- Resources (47)
- WP-e-Commerce User Guide – 3.8 Version (27)